The Farmers Market Federation of NY will, once again, be conducting a social media campaign this market season to encourage SNAP consumers to visit their local farmers markets, but we need your help! This campaign will be entering its third year and grows each year. While we have used Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter in the past, this year we will be concentrating on Facebook. To date we have 25,532 followers on our page, https://www.facebook.com/snaptomarket/. Some of the things we have posted about in the past are information on local food including recipes, hints and tips on using fresh food, information on using SNAP at farmers markets, as well as other pieces of interesting tidbits!
In 2017, our Facebook focus will be to highlight SNAP farmers markets across the state but we can’t do that without a little help from you! Please send an email to the Federation office, [email protected], with information about your market so that we can compile a market profile to promote you on the Snap to Market Facebook page. No need to write the article, just provide basic information and our campaign manager will prepare the profile. The information we are looking for includes:
- Market Name
- Market Location
- Market days/hours/season
- Basic information about your market and what you think makes your market special
- Special events and dates
- What SNAP incentives you have at your market that will increase a SNAP customer’s buying power
- Anything additional that you want to add
- Contact name, phone number and email (not for publication, but for follow up purposes)
- Please send your market information ASAP so we can begin our campaign for the 2017 season and help you promote your market.