When was the last time you shopped at a farmers market? Well, if the season is right and you are like many of your neighbors, the answer may well be “earlier today”! The Farmers Market Federation of New York is dedicated to the growth and management of farmers markets throughout our state, serving the needs and interests of vendors, managers, customers and all stakeholders in local, community markets. We create an environment in which markets may better understand the issues faced by every market, as well as the unique elements that may have a bearing on THEIR particular market. We share information across markets and members to make certain that informed, intelligent commitments may be made, resulting in stronger markets, more viable vendors and happier customers.
This is the essence of membership; joining a community of people who share your interest, seek out one another for support and information and are drawn to a place where they can find answers, explore opportunities and learn from one another’s triumphs and challenges. You will find it on our website, in our list serve, throughout our newsletters, and at our meetings. We design and run programs to train market managers, vendors and farmers in subjects as wide ranging as food safety and marketing their products all while focusing on the need to build business and expand the opportunity for every market.
But there’s more operational components as well with affordable market insurance and lobbying and advocacy efforts, oversight engagement with state and local regulations to help (or harm) our markets efforts and members. We even have collective agreements with companies to print materials, provide tote bags and help you with an array of design and merchandising services.
If this intrigues you, whether as a vendor, a consumer or most certainly as a market manager, administrator or even Board Member, please join this organization today. Your membership dollars will be put to immediate use in your community and in your market by bringing you in contact with dozens of managers and vendors, hundreds of professionals from varied walks of life and backgrounds and literally thousands of people whose love for local, fresh foods is expressed most clearly through their participation in, and support of local farmers markets.
Learn more about the programs and services of the Farmers Market Federation of NY and how your annual fees are benefiting you.
- Commercial General Liability Insurance Program for markets and farmers/vendors.
- NYS Wireless EBT program, including debit/credit acceptance
- Educational opportunities, including an annual market managers conference and regional workshops
- Food Safety Recommendations
- Market Development services, including developing new farmers markets and consulting for current markets
- Promotion of farmers markets
- Networking opportunities through a Federation list serve, New York FARMERS MARKET-L, sponsored by Cornell University
- Quarterly newsletter
- Updated website, including: complete listing of all farmers markets in the state, Federation programs, resources and links to assist market managers, sponsors
and organizations to develop successful community farmers markets.
- Partnerships with state, local and non-profit agencies to develop and administer programs that support farmers markets, farmers and consumers.
- Advocacy to state leaders on issues of importance to our industry.
Read the MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS FLYER
To Join The Federation:
You can now apply for and pay your Federation Market Membership Online! Visit http://www.nyfarmersmarket.com/become-a-member/ to join and pay online.
Or, join via mail below: