Completed questionnaires should be returned to [email protected].
Seeking Qualified Nominees for the Federation Board of Directors
The Board of Directors of the Farmers Market Federation of NY is currently seeking qualified nominees for upcoming positions on the Board of Directors. This is an excellent opportunity to help shape the future of farmers markets in New York State.
The Farmers Market Federation of NY is looking for volunteers who support our mission to support and promote the viability of farmers markets through innovative services, programs and partnerships that maximize the benefits of markets to sellers, buyers and communities.
We are seeking volunteer board members with an interest in helping to steer the future direction of the Federation as we strive to build the farmers market industry in New York by:
- Training market manager to build vibrant, sustainable markets that support local farmers, consumers and give back to their host communities;
- Support local farmers with marketing training programs;
- Support local farmers and consumers by participation in the SNAP program and SNAP incentives;
- Helping communities to understand the dynamics of hosting and operating a farmers market that supports local agriculture, consumers and the local economy;
- Promotes farmers markets as the most effective means buy local and support local farmers.
Board members are required to participate in a minimum of 2 quarterly conference call meetings and one face-to-face meeting per year. Each member is also required to participate in at least one statutory committee: finance/audit, governance, membership, advocacy and programs and services. In addition, ad hoc committees are formed, from time to time, and board members are asked to participate in ad hoc committees that are of particular interest to them. Board membership is a three year term, with a limit of 2 consecutive terms.
We seek board members who are team-oriented, are willing to volunteer time and effort to the work of the Farmers Market Federation, both at board meetings and with markets within their region and bring their own unique experience and skills to the work of the Board and the Federation. The Federation invites you to apply for the upcoming election of board members to be held in March 2019. We currently have 2 openings to fill at that time:
• 1 Northern Region: Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, St. Lawrence, Saratoga, Warren and Washington counties
• 1 Western Region: Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Niagara, Ontario, Orleans, Wayne, Wyoming and Yates counties.
• 1 Eastern Region: Albany, Columbia, Delaware, Fulton, Greene, Hamilton, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Schenectady and Schoharie Counties
Complete the Potential Board Member Questionnaire, link , and return to Laura Biasillo, Federation Co-President, at [email protected] To learn more about the role of a Farmers Market Federation of NY board member, go to become a board member.
Our mission is to support and promote the viability of farmers’ markets through innovative services, programs and partnerships that maximize the benefits of markets to sellers, buyers and communities.
Deadline for questionnaire submission has been extended to Friday, January 18, 2019.