Have you heard about FMM Pro?
If so, have you enrolled??!
If you were waiting for the end of market season to really have the time to delve into this training, now’s your chance!
If you haven’t heard about FMM Pro, read the FAQs below and then sign up here.
So what is this FMM PRO thing I’ve been hearing about?
FMM Pro is New York State’s First (and one of only a handful in the nation) Farmers Market Management Certification Program. We put a lot of work into this and we’re really proud of how it turned out! It was born of a partnership between the Farmers Market Federation of NY, Cornell Cooperative Extension of Broome County and SUNY Cobleskill and funded by NYS’s Fresh Connect Program. FMM Pro is a new online curriculum that has been created to train and certify farmers market managers in New York State. The course includes all aspects of managing and growing a successful farmers market and can be taken online from the comfort of your home in your spare time because it is asynchronous, self-paced, and you have an entire year to complete it. The course is offered online through the Moodle.com learning platform under the sponsorship of Cornell University.
Great. What kinds of information does it cover?
The curriculum will consist of 22 workshops covering 3 basic topics:
- Nuts and Bolts of Managing Markets
- Reaching Out to the Market Community
- Building Market Systems
You can read the detailed curriculum here.
What do I get when I complete the course?
Program participants who complete the full curriculum will receive a certificate signed by the three partnering agencies and will have earned the title of Certified Market Manager. As a FMM PRO Certified Market Manager, graduates of the program will:
- Be fully knowledgeable in today’s best practices for managing farmers markets
- Learn tactics to expand and optimize their farmers market
- Be equipped to build successful relationships with farmers and shoppers
- Be able to use their certification to leverage support and funding for their market
Are there any requirements to become certified?
Yes. To become certified you must:
- Complete the full series of sessions within the 3 modules on moodle.com.
- Complete all homework assignments for each section and receive a passing grade. You may resubmit an assignment if you receive a fail the first time.
- Complete all quizzes for each section, scoring a minimum of 80%. You have two chances to complete the quiz to receive the minimum score.
- The full curriculum must be completed within 12 months, although the program was designed to be completed within 6 months.
How long is my certificate valid for?
Your certification will remain valid as long as you maintain 2 credits bi-annually as Post-Certification training. Post certification training can be either one of the following items:
- Participate in the annual NYS Farmers Market Managers Conference each year, attending the sessions for Post-Certification Credit; OR
- Participate in Market Manager Training Webinars (minimum of 2 annually) as offered by the Farmers Market Federation of NY
Sounds Awesome! What’s the cost?
$200 for the first registrant per market or market organization
$100 for each additional registrant from the SAME market or market organization
Note: You MUST register and pay for all people at the same market organization at the same time in order to receive the discount.
Now that you know what FMM Pro is all about, you can:
As soon as your payment is verified, you will receive a link and password to begin the course.